- A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
I did not enjoy His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. Why is it called HIS Dark Materials? Is it the big HE? What is Dust?
- A Popular Book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love.
I don’t find myself fighting the corner for many books but a friend of mine read ‘Asking for It’ and thought it was okay. Just okay. I took it personally.
- A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I didn’t want Harry with Ginny. I would have liked Harry to date beyond the only two girls he had regular contact with. They were both his sisters.
- A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
I hardly reach for fantasy; elves and pits of doom aren’t for me. Lord of the Rings isn’t for me. I prefer space and ships.
- A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
I can’t forgive Snape.
- A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
I am not enjoying C.S. Lewis very much at the moment.
- A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing.
Psychological thrillers with a big secrets and twists.
- A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Game of Thrones, that is a ridiculous commitment.
- The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, however, what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Tinker Tailor Solider Spy was a better movie. The book was ‘of the era’ which made it slightly sexist and that rubbed me up the wrong way. That and it was fricking pretty to look at.